Eddystone Point Pinot Noir 2018

Sale price$34.95
Derwent Valley, Tamar Valley & East Coast, Tasmania, Australia

Style: Red Wine

Variety: Pinot Noir

Closure: Screwcap

More than 48 in stock
Usually ready in 2-4 days

Eddystone Point Pinot Noir 2018

Pick up

, usually ready in 2-4 days

Burke Road
Camberwell VIC 3124

Minimum order bottles
Maximum order bottles
Order in lots of

Producer: Bay of Fires

Country: Australia

Region: Tasmania

Vintage: 2018

Critic Score: 95

Alcohol: 12.9%

Size: 750 ml

Drink by: 2027

Gentle and softly fruited palate - Steven Creber

Eddystone Point is the entry level pinot noir from Bay of Fires, first released in 2013.  A pinot noir that is fresh, vibrant and approachable in its youth, that realises the winemaking team's vision to create a wine that is affordable but showcases the quality of Tasmanian pinot noir. 

Careful vineyard selection from the appropriate subregions within Tasmania ensure fruit flavour and quality are maximised. For the 2018 vintage, fruit was sourced from the Derwent Valley, Tamar Valley and East Coast regions.

"Cherry and raspberry aromas predominantly on the bouquet with the oak adding some toasty complexity. Gentle and softly fruited palate, the texture and lingering astringency providing the balance and structure for now and future development."  Steven Creber

"Bright, vibrant red colour. On the nose, lifted, fresh cut strawberry and Morello cherries gives way to subtle and complex spice from whole bunch inclusion and quality French oak. The palate entry is gently sweet, then, aided by balanced natural acidity, strawberry seed tannin carries the palate to a point. Structure is light, yet with interest, cherries and spice are a feature. Its delicate shape,and carefully considered use of whole bunches and French oak revolve around purity of fruit. It is poised and balanced, true to style."  Eddystone Point

Expert reviews

"Open top stainless steel temperature controlled fermentation. Matured in new (25%) and older French barriques. Cherry and raspberry aromas predominantly on the bouquet with the oak adding some toasty complexity. Gentle and softly fruited palate, the texture and lingering astringency providing the balance and structure for now and future development. Drink by 2025."  Steven Creber, Halliday Wine Companion - 95 points


Gold Medal – 2019 National Wine Show of Australia (95 points)

About the winery

Bay of Fires Winery

"Hardys purchased its first grapes from Tasmania in '94, with the aim of further developing and refining its sparkling wines, a process that quickly gave birth to House of Arras. The next stage was the inclusion of various parcels of chardonnay from Tasmania in the '98 Eileen Hardy, then the development in '01 of the Bay of Fires brand. Under the umbrella of Accolade Wines today, Bay of Fires is home to non-vintage sparkling white and rosé, alongside impressive riesling, sauvignon blanc, pinot gris, chardonnay and pinot noir. Sourcing is with a particular focus on the Tamar, Coal and Derwent Valleys and East Coast." James Halliday

"Bay of Fires' philosophy, in the vineyard and in the winery, is to ensure the varietal characteristics of our Tasmanian fruit are revealed, preserved and celebrated in every wine we create for you. The Bay of Fires' winemaking team captures the essence of the fruit that has been lovingly nurtured in the vineyards and crafts exceptional wines. Ideas are shared, knowledge is consolidated and curiosity brings out the very best in every parcel of fruit. Find balance and beauty will follow.

Acidity is balanced against sweetness to create delicate Rieslings. A harmony of mouthfeel and fruit flavour is achieved in our Chardonnays. And, of course, the trickiest grape of them all, Pinot Noir, amplifies its terroir beautifully and is delivered in a wine of superb complexity, structure and romance." Bay of Fires

Wine region map of Tasmania


Tasmania is a small island located below mainland Australia. It produces less than 1% of Australia’s wine but enjoys a global reputation as a leading producer of premium cool climate wines. It is prized for its top-class sparkling wine, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Riesling.

Tasmania is home to more than 230 wineries across 7 wine regions*. The reigions Coal River Valley, East Coast, Pipers River and Tamar Valley produce around 90% of Tasmania's wine, while the other three regions Derwent Valley, Huon Valley and North West produce the remaining 10%. * Please note these 7 wine areas are considered here to be subregions of Tasmania to aid site navigation.

Tasmania is the coldest wine State in Australia. Its climate is temperate, with a distinct maritime influence from the Tasman Sea to the east, Bass Strait to the north and the Indian Ocean to the west. Summer days are temperate while winter sees some of the coldest temperatures in Australia. It's unique climate and soils combine to create ideal growing conditions for cool-climate grape varieties.